Saturday 12 January 2013

Animation

On this unit we were to create a short flash animation based on one of a few selected nursery rhymes. I chose to do mine on old mother Hubbard. We had to draw at least two potential styles, include different scenes, include music and it had to be at least 30 seconds long.

I first sketched out a rough storyboard to give me an idea of how the final animation would look like, what characters I would need, where the voice-over would fit in, what backgrounds I would need and different angles I would need.  

This is the first cartoon style that I tried out. It was based off of the work of "Ren and Stimpy" cartoonist John K. I love his style of drawing which is a throwback to the classic cartoons and the extreme emotions would add a huge element of humour. 
I built it up in different layers which would make it possible to animate.

I am pleased with the overall look of the illustration but I figured this particular style would be difficult to animate in a limited time and because I had not had much experience working with flash.
This is the second style I chose which would be a lot easier to animate than the first. It was inspired by 1950's cartoons.

I built up the characters in the same way as the first style always keeping in mind how it would translate into a flash animation.

I remade the original storyboard using my final characters to see what it what the final animation would look like and for any problems or improvements that could be made to it







No comments:

Post a Comment